Two day trip to Fayoum and Wadi Hitan from Cairo
Two day trip to Fayoum and Wadi Hitan from Cairo,You will experience the natural beauty of Fayoum and its natural lakes, ruins from Egypt’ pharaonic and Greco-Roman periods, and the 40 million year old whale skeletons of Wadi Hitan, designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 01: Fayoum Sightseeing Tours
YOUR TOUR representative will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo to El Fayoum about 95 km to enjoy famous sites. Start with Lake Qaroun to see different kinds of birds. Qaroun Lake is considered the oldest natural lakes in the world, the third largest lake in Egypt and the rest of Lake Old Moerisi. Lunch at a local restaurant. Then onto Wadi Al Rian Water Falls. Wadi El Rayan is a natural depression located in the western desert, 42m below sea level which consists of two lakes connected by Egypt’s only waterfalls, formed in 1970 by an overflow of drainage water from the farmlands in Fayoum. After that enjoy Medinet Madi (Ancient City Uncovered) which dates back to the XII dynasty, built by Amenemhet III and completed Amenemhet IV. Resume to Wadi Hitan (Valley of the Whales). Overnight Camping at Wadi Hitan.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day 02: Wadi Hitan / back to Cairo
After breakfast, early morning visit Wadi Hitan or Valley of the Whales is located in the Protected Area of Wadi El Rayan and it was designated by UNISCO as a world Heritage Site in recognition of the 40 million year –old whale skeletons found there. On the way visit Mudawara Mountain. Transfer to Qasr Qaroun about 55 km North West of Fayoum City. It consists of the well-preserved temple and remains of the Graeco-Roman City of Dinysios. Then onto Karanis which is the ruin of an old city. That city contains a number of monuments, dating from the Roman, Coptic and Early Islamic. Back to Cairo.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- Lunch meal at local restaurant
- All taxes and service charges.
- Pick up services from your hotel and return.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned tourist vehicle.
- Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour.
- Private Egyptology guide throughout
- Visa upon arrival.
- Shopping and all personal expenses.
- Any extra sites did not mentioned in program itinerary.
- Tipping for guide, drivers, hotels, and assistance.
- In general an item did not mentioned above.
- Child from 0 till 05.99 years old is free of Charge
- Second child from 06 till 11.99 years old pay only 50% of the adult price.
- Child 12 years old or above pay full price as an adult.
- If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
- All rates are per person.
- Kindly note that the above offer based on the current entrance fees, fuel and taxes, should the government approve any increase or approve any additional tax, kindly note that we reserve the right to add the additional cost in case of any.