Two day tour to Luxor from Cairo by flight
Two day tour to Luxor from Cairo by flight, fly from Cairo to Luxor for two days touring the great monuments around the city. Visit Karnak and Luxor Temples, the Colossi of Memnon, the Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple. Enjoy sailing in a felucca on the Nile before flying back to Cairo.
Luxor known as Thebes in ancient times, Luxor was once the wealthy and prosperous capital of Egypt during the Pharaonic New Kingdom (approximately 1650 BC – 1085 BC), over three and a half thousand years ago. Today it is most renowned for it’s tombs in the Valley of the Kings, the most famous being the tomb of the boy-king Tutankhamun which was discovered with all it’s treasures (incidentally, took 10 years to record!) in 1922 by the Egyptologist Haward Carter.
On the West Bank of the Nile, you will visit the Necropolis of Thebes, the Valley of the Kings, the Valley of the Queens, the Temple of Hatshepsut and the Colossi of Memnon. On the East Bank of modern-day Luxor lie the magnificent Temples of Karnak and Luxor, which took hundreds of years to build, and were completed by several different Pharaohs.
Day 1: Cairo /Luxor Sightseeing Tours
YOUR TOUR representative will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo by air-conditioned modern vehicle to Cairo Airport for your flight to Luxor, where you will be accompanied by your own Egyptology tour guide to visit the famous Karnak temple the largest place of worship ever built. Its ancient name Ipet-isut means “the most sacred of places.” The temple, or, more correctly, the complex of temples, was built over more than two thousand years by generation after generation of pharaohs. Within the complex, the great “Hypostyle Hall” is an incredible forest of giant pillars. On the way you will enjoy lunch at quality restaurant and then you will be accompanied by your tour guide to visit the majestic Luxor temple which was built by Amenhotep III and Ramses II for ritual and festivals and dedicated to the god Amun with some free time for shopping in Luxor. From there will be driven to your hotel for check in, leisurely free time in Luxor and overnight stay in Luxor.
Day 2: Luxor Sightseeing Tours/ Cairo
Check out after breakfast, visit the West Bank of The Nile River you will be visiting the two colossal statues of Amenhotep III (Colossi of Memnon), and then visit the Valley of the Kings, where the magnificent tombs discovered, those tombs were carved deep into the desert rock, richly decorated and filled with treasures for the afterlife of the pharaohs, you will visit 3 tombs Continue the tour to visit the Hatshepsut temple at El Deir El Bahary, this impressive temple dedicated to the Queen Hatshepsut the only female pharaoh rises out of the desert plain in a series of terraces and merges with the sheer limestone cliffs that surround it. Proceed to have your lunch at local restaurant Then you will embark the Felucca to Banana Island on The Nile River, and then you will be transferred to Luxor domestic airport to fly back to Cairo where you will be met by YOUR TOUR Representative and transferred by private air conditioned van class to your hotel in Cairo.
- Private English-speaking representative.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- Lunch meal at local restaurant
- All taxes and service charges.
- YOUR TOUR provide meet and assist in all airports in Egypt.
- Pick up services from your hotel and return.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned tourist vehicle.
- Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour.
- Private Egyptology guide throughout
- Accommodation on bed and breakfast basis.
- Visa upon arrival.
- Shopping and all personal expenses.
- Any extra sites did not mentioned in program itinerary.
- Tipping for guide, drivers, hotels, and assistance.
- In general an item did not mentioned above.
- Child from 0 till 05.99 years old is free of Charge
- Second child from 06 till 11.99 years old pay only 50% of the adult price.
- Child 12 years old or above pay full price as an adult.
- If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
- All rates are per person.
- Kindly note that the above offer based on the current entrance fees, fuel and taxes, should the government approve any increase or approve any additional tax, kindly note that we reserve the right to add the additional cost in case of any.