Tour to Wadi El Natroun monastery from Cairo
Tour to Wadi El Natroun monastery from Cairo,Drive to Wadi El-Natrun (About 100 km from Cairo) , the birthplace for Christian monasticism. Visit the 4 surviving monasteries of the 50 that once existed here. Begin your trip with the oldest and most isolated monastery, Deir al-Baramus, and learn of the Desert Fathers of Christian monasticism.
Visit St. Bishoy Monastery in Wadi El Natron which founded in the late fourth century AD under the leadership of St. Bishoy which includes water wells, mill grain, presses oil and stores on the first floor, the second floor by the entrance to the fort contains an oven and a church on the name of Blessed Virgin Mary, the third floor contains the roof ,a church on the name of Archangel Michael and 02 caves. The treasures of the monastery are the bodies of the great saints such as St. Bishoy, Bishop Paula “Tamohy”, and part of the body of the martyr Abskheron .
It also has the “well of martyrs” which Berber washed their swords after they killed 49 of the monks in the monastery of St. Macarius the Great during their third attack to wild in the year 444 AD. The Great St. Bishoy was born in 320 AD in north Egypt, word “Bishoy” in Coptic language means "fair".
The church called him in prayers “the perfect man and the dear one for our Savior" and called him as well "a wild planet".
When he was twenty years old, he went to Wadi El Natron wilderness. The intensity of his love for the Savior kept him talking with him in prayer and dialogue as long as possible, so he was linking his hair with a rope to the roof of his cave in order to awake him if he felt in a sleep.
His humility made him used to wash the feet of strangers and visitors without knowing who they are, the Lord Jesus appeared to him like a stranger (as he appeared before to Abraham ) and Bishoy washed his feet and he did not recognize him until he saw the surgeon's Cross in his feet. He was famous for His compassion heart and that was cleared when he carried an old man along the road and he discovered that the old man was Jesus Christ, who promised that Bishoy`s body will be saved forever because of carrying the Lord Jesus, and actually his body still remains without corruption till now.
- Private English-speaking representative.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- All taxes and service charges.
- Pick up services from your hotel and return.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned tourist vehicle.
- Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour.
- Private Egyptology guide throughout
- Visa upon arrival.
- Shopping and all personal expenses.
- Any extra sites did not mentioned in program itinerary.
- Tipping for guide, drivers, hotels, and assistance.
- In general an item did not mentioned above.
- Child from 0 till 05.99 years old is free of Charge
- Second child from 06 till 11.99 years old pay only 50% of the adult price.
- Child 12 years old or above pay full price as an adult.
- If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
- All rates are per person.
- Kindly note that the above offer based on the current entrance fees, fuel and taxes, should the government approve any increase or approve any additional tax, kindly note that we reserve the right to add the additional cost in case of any.
- In case of pick up from either 06th of October or Settlement areas there is a supplement of 10 Usd per person