Mount Sinai & St.Catherine Monastery
The famous monastery of St. Catherine’s stands in a valley surrounded by mountains, the most famous of which is Mount Moses. Founded in 527, of Greek-Orthodox origin, it is a fortress with rampart walls. Our departure is by night to the area of the monastery, as we prepare to climb to the “ Holly Peak” of Mount Moses.
This is a three hour walk from the Monastery, entailing a climb up 3,750 steps carved out of the hard granite rock by the monks themselves. The climb is a well worth the effort, as we see the spectacle of the sunrise from the top, then descend to visit the Monastery. Also we visit the basilica and the Chapel of the Burning Bush. Returning to Sharm El Sheikh.
Your Tour representative will pick you up from your hotel in Nuweiba around 11:30 pm by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to drive to St.Catheine, takes about 3 hours driving. Start climbing the Moses Mountain begins at 2:00 am and coming down at 7:00 am. Then proceed to visit St. Catherine Monastery which is considered one of the most famous monasteries in the world and it was dedicated to one of Alexander's rulers, Saint Catherine who was tortured to death for the sake of her new faith. Then transfer to Dahab for relaxation with time for shopping. Lunch at local resturant in Dahab. Back to your hotel in Nuweiba.
- Pick up services from your hotel in Nuweiba and return.
- All transfers by an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees to St. Catherine National Park.
- Bedouin guide during climbing up the mountain.
- Lunch at local resturant in Nuweiba.
- Bottled water and soft drink on board the vehicle.
- All services charges and taxes.
- Visa upon arrival.
- Shopping and all personal expenses.
- Any extra sites did not mentioned in program itinerary.
- Tipping for guide, drivers, hotels, and assistance.
- In general an item did not mentioned above.
- 0 - 05.99 Free of Charge
- 6 - 11.99 pay 50% of tour price
- 12+ pay full tour price as per adult person
- If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
- All rates are per person.