Day tour to El Fayoum from Cairo
Day tour to El Fayoum from Cairo,Fayoum was known as the Land of the Lake by the Egyptian Pharaohs. They hunted for game, birds and fish upon the banks of nearby Lake of Karun. The earliest settlements in Fayoum date back some six and half thousand years and under the Ptolemies in the 03rd Century BC, today you can see the water wheels which tradition of farming in the area. A trip to Fayoum also takes in the pyramid of Amenmhet III and that of Senusert II, relics from the age when Fayoum was a Royal seat during the 12th Dynasty which began around 4000 years ago.
YOUR TOUR representative will pick you up from your hotel, about 95 km. Visit Wadi El Ryan, designated as Protected Area in 1989. Start with Wadi Hitan Protected Area (Valley of the Whales), about 90 km far from Fayoum and located in the Protected Area of Wadi El Rayan and it was designated by UNISCO as a world Heritage Site in recognition of the 40 million year –old whale skeletons found there. On the way to Wadi El Rayan Water Falls, visit Mudawara Mountain. Then onto Wadi Al Ryan Water Falls. Wadi El Rayan is a natural depression located in the western desert, 42m below sea level. Wadi Rayan consists of two lakes connected by Egypt’s only waterfalls, formed in 1970 by an overflow of drainage water from the farmlands in Fayoum. After that enjoy Medinet Madi (Ancient City Uncovered) which dates back to the third pharaonic dynasty built by Amenemhet III and completed Amenemhet IV. Lunch in a local restaurant, transfer back to Cairo.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- Lunch meal at local restaurant
- All taxes and service charges.
- Pick up services from your hotel and return.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned tourist vehicle.
- Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour.
- Private Egyptology guide throughout
- Visa upon arrival.
- Shopping and all personal expenses.
- Any extra sites did not mentioned in program itinerary.
- Tipping for guide, drivers, hotels, and assistance.
- In general an item did not mentioned above.
- Child from 0 till 05.99 years old is free of Charge
- Second child from 06 till 11.99 years old pay only 50% of the adult price.
- Child 12 years old or above pay full price as an adult.
- If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
- All rates are per person.
- Kindly note that the above offer based on the current entrance fees, fuel and taxes, should the government approve any increase or approve any additional tax, kindly note that we reserve the right to add the additional cost in case of any.