Coptic Cairo, tour of old Cairo
Coptic Cairo, tour of old Cairo,Visit the ancient churches, in Old Cairo which was built by the Romans when they constructed the fortress known as “Babylon”. Visit the Hanging Church of St. Mary and Abu Sarga Church dating back as early as the fourth century as the Holy Family founded a cave in Old Cairo and stayed in it- the length of this cave is 20 feet and 15 feet width with only 02 entrances the cave is 21 feet down from the surface of the church - the floor of the church itself down from the surface of the ground outside (the street) about 12 feet, meaning that the cave fall below the level of the surface of the ground / street about 34 feet. This cave exist tell now and a church was built above it with the name of Abu Serga church, next to the cave and inside the structure an old Water well.
This Cave is considered the holiest sites of Christianity in Egypt because the whole Holy family stayed in it.
There is as well an Antique picture (icon) back to the ninth century AD approx. representing the arrival of Jesus Christ, the Virgin Mary, Joseph and Salome to the land of Egypt .The idols was shattered and could not stay in Babylon, Egypt, the Holy Family stayed for just few days not more than a week and ran away as demons and shattered idols thrilled priests and went to the Governor wanted to kill this boy, The Lord Jesus said to his mother: "It will be here a church in good name and will be the spot for visitors and the port of salvation" .. This church is still the port of salvation and distention for tourist and the world to visit the Christian Copts in Egypt.
Visit the historical synagogue of Ben Ezra and the Coptic museum, founded in 1908, which contains the world’s richest collection of Coptic art and treasures.
Visit St. Mary Church in Maadi on Nile River which is another site of rest of the Holy Family and visit the steps which leads to the Nile river which used by the Holy Family to take a boat , see as well the antique Bible which was found open on the surface of the Nile on the page says "Bless my people in Egypt".
- Private English-speaking representative.
- Entrance fees to all the mentioned sites.
- All taxes and service charges.
- Pick up services from your hotel and return.
- All transfers by a private air-conditioned tourist vehicle.
- Bottled water on board the vehicle during the tour.
- Private Egyptology guide throughout
- Visa upon arrival.
- Shopping and all personal expenses.
- Any extra sites did not mentioned in program itinerary.
- Tipping for guide, drivers, hotels, and assistance.
- In general an item did not mentioned above.
- Child from 0 till 05.99 years old is free of Charge
- Second child from 06 till 11.99 years old pay only 50% of the adult price.
- Child 12 years old or above pay full price as an adult.
- If your tour includes airfare then an extra charge for child rate may apply.
- All rates are per person.
- Kindly note that the above offer based on the current entrance fees, fuel and taxes, should the government approve any increase or approve any additional tax, kindly note that we reserve the right to add the additional cost in case of any.
- In case of pick up from either 06th of October or Settlement areas there is a supplement of 10 Usd per person